Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas Happenings

I had every intention to get this post up before Christmas, and then before New Year's, but it seemed that I took on too many projects again this year. (When will I ever learn?!) Even though it's late, maybe it'll give you some ideas for this coming Christmas and you can get a head start. :)

1. Every year I try to give a treat that you don't have to use right away. We get way to many cookies and treats that I feel overwhelmed, as I'm sure many others do. I try to do a treat that doesn't have to be consumed immediately. I found this fabulous recipe from Bakerella for a jar mix and just had to try it. This jar gifts were for secretaries, people we worked close with at church and a few other people. (Once made, these cookies are so delicious that they will be gone in no time.) I ended up with 17 of them and with an assembly line, they aren't too time consuming to make.


2. My husband wanted something more than just jar cookies for his boss. I am really glad is boss is a she and not a he because I don't think these cards would have been such a big hit.


3. I love giving neighbor gifts each year, but often struggle what to do. I don't want them to break the bank, so i am always searching for a cute, easy, and inexpensive gift. I found the idea for the popcorn bags (and some many other cute ideas) here.


4. At our Church, the kids are in a Primary class for a whole year.  I feel like a small token of thanks is in order for the hard work they put in all year and for putting up with my kids each week.  For these, I hit up a Bath and Body Works sale after Thanksgiving for the soap and made a tag using the Kiwi Lane Templates. Some Pebbles paper, American Crafts ribbon and glitter ribbon, and some Pink Paislee bling completed it. I wrote a personal not on the back and they were ready for the kids to give.


5. I signed up to bring a dessert to our church party and the kids had a blast helping me decorate. The recipe came from this book.


6. These cards were made to go along with the cookie mix jars and whatever extra cards were needed. They were a combination of Pebbles paper, American Crafts ribbon and rub-ons and some jewels i found lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment